I am  no fan of the gun lobby or the NRA. I am presently 68 years old with social security and Medicare, in good health and good spirits-without the help of spirituous drink.But I have been taking a dear lady friend for treatment at the Cancer Center at Roger Williams Hospital in Providence, R.I. So dreary, Kafkaesque, rude, and INCOMPETENT is this place ( an Indian doctor, who should be shining shoes in Calcutta, says he will return with a morphine prescription and then wanders away in a fog . A cold snotty ,receptionist .Nothing pleasing or cheerful to look at. My lady friend suggests an aquarium with classical background music.A hint of the divine and transcendent in human life ? ) .
Well now, if it were I going through this depressing Cancer Center I would pray to my Catholic Saint Jude. But I would find some solace in the thought that a merciful God would forgive me if I decided that heaven-or hell - must not wait.
   [  NOTE : My lady friend has found a more cheerful hospital ]
This place is worthy of Kafka