Sunday, July 5, 2015

" My Fair Lady " - as a moralist I more resemble Eliza's father

"My Fair Lady" is indeed a classic musical. Never think that music lyrics cannot influence your life. I was by these lines from the wise Professor Henry Higgins:

"Let a woman in your life
and you invite eternal strife,
Let them buy their wedding bands for those anxious little hands...
I'd be equally as willing for a dentist to be drilling
than to ever let a woman in my life."

I would even say that the delightful lyrics now apply to sentimentalized, slobbered over gay marriage.

An UNCOUPLED SOCIETY- that's the way! As a moralist I more resemble Eliza's extraordinary father, Alfred P. Doolittle.

And also consolation for gay divorce in "My Fair Lady" song lyrics:
"There will be spring every year without you..."

There is an "Eliza" woman in my life. And she has just offered to wash my shirts and cut my hair. But she is still religious and I must still "get HER to the church on time." No escape from compromise-if not contract. (she is properly divorced as I am properly and appropriately a bachelor–-just like Professor Henry Higgins)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron