Friday, May 8, 2015

" Eerie Eleanor Slater Hospital "

Hospital (Zambarano), My Trip

I grew up on Wallum Lake in Douglas, MA and always was intrigued by the little mental hospital on the south side of the lake (Rhode Island Side). The hospital is always clearly visible by way of a water tower which rises high above the tree line. I rode my bike through the hospital grounds as a kid and listened to stories of the place being haunted for many years. In fact for a long time it was used as a Tuberculosis hospital. The environment of Wallum Lake was deemed beneficial to afflicted patients. Anyway on to my last visit recently…..
I arrived on a blustery, cold fall day. The hospital always gives off such a lonesome aura. I finished my set in 15 minutes but just before I did a security guard managed to catch me saying “I don’t think the state would like you taking pictures”. Well I did indeed already take some and here they are. Note the radiation/fallout sign on the hospital.
                                       


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron