Friday, March 8, 2019

Romatic reveries never die, " Dream Love "



Funny how old crushes from adolescence and early adult life stick in your unconscious memory. I recall my " Lolita " just when that song " You're Sixteen , you're beautiful , and you're [ NOT ] mine " came out .I had heard nothing about her for years- except " fat and crazy "- until coming across the name on a list while scanning a Church bulletin a few days ago . It read : " PRAY FOR THE LONG TERM SICK " - which I suspect meant the dying . I lit a candle for her after an Ash Wednesday service in Knightsville, Cranston.
But I never really KNEW the girl ! ( a Beatrice ). Not in ANY way : " Dust to dust " - but not old memories from the Dead ( ? ) Past.

A Memory Still Green on St. Patrick's Day.

Image result for Dante and Beatrice
Dante spots his dream love


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron