Tuesday, September 17, 2024

A path in the woods in Cranston to Rhodes on the Pawtuxet. A September Reverie .

Sep 16, 2024 A walk in the woods - here a wild place in the middle of Cranston, Rhode Island - always reminded me of something out of a Grimm's Brothers' fairy tale-like Hansel and Gretel . THE WOODS caught my imagination when I was a kid attracted to an eerie tree dense areas. Ma said that feeding the caged rabbits in a wooded area near the Valley View Housing Project in Providence made me late coming home from St. Edward's Catholic School where I must have learned my ABCs and the lost art of handwriting ( was it the Palmer Method ? ) And where I learned from the Baltimore Catechism : " Why God Made Me ".... " To know HIM , love HIM, and serve HIM in this world " The darker the path on a late sunny September afternoon the more I had visions of the Frankenstein monster following me. The fiend was going to get me and drown me in the murky Pawtuxet River. From the movie " A Curse of Frankenstein : " I will be with you on your wedding night ". I was safe when I made to the wooden bridge leading to the parking lot of Rhodes on the Pawtuxet . Thinking about the little girl THE MONSTER drowned. Walking on THE PATH this September afternoon. I play a You Tube recording of an old Sunday School song : " He's Got The Whole World In His Hands ". Well, I can HOPE , can't I ? But when I was kid the nuns at St. Edward's School told me all about our personal " guardian angels ". Today I suspect that they are unionized and frequently go on strike . If outside through the class window my first grade nun spotted a pretty tree covered with fall color- those red, orange, yellow leaves : " See what an artist God is ? " I can still see that ARTIST ! More vividly than the UNMOVED MOVER . " UNMOVED " in another sense ? NOTE : [ 'The answer to the question "Why did God make me?" from the old Baltimore Catechism is, "God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next". The Baltimore Catechism's first lesson, "On the End of Man", is intended for children preparing for First Communion in the Catholic Church. The lesson covers many topics, including the origin of the world, the nature of humans, and the purpose of life. ' ] [Your Palmer Method Stories - ThePalmerMethod. ... ThePalmerMethod.com https://thepalmermethod.com › your-palmer-method-st... Mar 10, 2021 — Starting at the age of 7, John was taught the Palmer Method as a student in Catholic school. As a natural left-hander, the nuns wanted him ...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron