Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I will never THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, Pentagon robot ... And why ?


Ron Ruggieri




Read if you will Gore Vidal's essay on West Point . THE MILITARY establishment of the United States is taken for granted as object of craven respect and admiration : " THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE ! ".

 And how do I know what constituted YOUR service : a few months in the notorious Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq " ? An honorable role in the My Lai massacre in Vietnam 50 years ago ? Involved in military assassination of designated " terrorists " like that recent murder of the Iranian general ? An honorable mention for " service " in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ?

I will never THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, Pentagon robot , unless you can without shame tell me about it .





Image result for Abu Ghraib , My Lai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron