Friday, July 31, 1998

thanks for your note


      Donita, your column today literally had the " raw " material for

    a classic horror story -with a moral message. Ever read Hawthorne's

    " The Minister's Black Veil "  ?

         I have reflected now and then on a particular woman's beautiful

    eyes. But could you say that she has beautiful EYEBALLS ?

         I'll have to settle for the superficial ! Thanks for a thoughtful

    column.


 From: donita_naylor@ProJo.COM ("DNAYLOR.PJB.PROJO.COM")
    To: ar803@osfn.rhilinet.gov
    Subject: thanks for your note
    Date: Fri, 31 Jul



    Dear Mr. Ruggeiri, 

        So nice of you to write. Gosh, I wish I could have quoted you about
    the eyeballs. That's a much better example than mine. 
        I've thought a lot about the guy with no face. My first idea was for a
    short story about him going to Hollywood to act in horror films. After hours
    in makeup, he would get a regular face for some of his scenes. And he would
    really love to feel normal for those days, and nice, regular things would
    happen to him. Then his horror scenes would be shot with his real face, and
    around the set people would recoil, or do a double-take and ask who did his
    makeup.
        Is there such a thing as techno-gothic? 
        Anyway, it sure was generous of you to suggest the horror angle. I
    wish I had the imagination. If only I could visit mr. cheekless and see what
    his state of mind is. Whatever I could dream up would be so standard, but real
    people have surprising states of mind sometimes.
        If he recognizes himself and says something, I'll let you know.
        Thanks again for writing. I hope the Beautiful Eyes look at you
    sometimes.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron