Friday, July 17, 1998

And Seth Brown's Reply ?

 I anxiously await Seth Brown's reply to my defense of Isaac

    Newton's HONOR . I hope I was one of MANY who responded to her

    Sunday Journal column .

            I also wrote to " Ask the Globe " ( Boston Globe ) about

    this matter. They responded that they would get around to it .

          Is it possible that legions of scholars at Ivy League

    colleges ( Brown and Harvard ) are indifferent to Newton's

    reputation ?  Has scientific illiteracy become a national plague ?

           How low can journalism sink ?  My own amateurish investigation

    of current publications leads me to believe that Seth - perhaps

    naively and innocently - was passing on rubbish she picked up

    from some ignorant jackass TV evangelist .

            If she can PROVE that Isaac Newton ever FUDGED a result in

    a scientific paper, I will contribute all my summer lemonade

    funds to the Providence Journal Santa Claus Fund !

          Top scientist are HUMAN - to be sure. They might plagiarize

    and take credit for ideas not quite their own. They can be vain

    and greedy. They might crave fame . But fudging results is not

    one of their foibles.

           There is always the REALITY CHECK !

        Corrupt " for hire " corporate scientists are birds of another

    feather. They are the despicable prostitutes of the profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron