Tuesday, July 21, 1998

Is Seth Brown on drugs ?

hank you for the information on Seth Brown. But re-reading

        his poem, I now wonder if the man is on drugs !  Where was the

        editor ?
               " And we knew Hawaii LEI ( sic ) in wait ? "

             If I am hopelessly philistine in my appreciation of DEEP poetry,

        please let me know. Just a few words :

               " Ron you're a JACKASS ! "

            If there is more humor than scandal in this Seth matter, I will

        find it.

               I am searching for Star-dumb too Seth !  But Seth even Stars FALL

        according to Newtons Laws. And you don't give a fig-newton for this

        truth ?

               My sympathy for the editor who has to put up with Seth !


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - -

From: david_brussat@ProJo.COM ("DBRUSSAT.PJB.PROJO.COM")
    To: ar803@osfn.rhilinet.gov
    Subject: Re: [ar803@osfn.rhilinet.gov: You can't hide Seth !]
    Date: Tue, 21 Jul



    --Boundary-1334900-0-0

         Ron - I trust you resent the letter, which I'm sure was requested for
    technical reasons. I'm sure it will run because it is criticizing something we
    ran in our pages. And I'm sure it will run before Christmas. But, Ron, do 
    keep in mind that we get zillions of letters. If you write one every other
    day, most will simply not be published. If you want to have more impact
    yourself on which of your letters get published, rather than having us select
    some and not others, you should cut your rate of correspondence.
         As for Newton, I did a double-take when I first saw that line, but on
    reflection I imagined that there might have been some rationale for such a
    statement, given the less precise mechanisms then available for calculating
    matters of measurement. Even still, it seems a stretch for Seth to say Newton
    "fudged" - not to mention linking Sir Isaac with the shadier journalistic
    practices Seth was criticizing. But perhaps even I am not familiar with the
    extent to which "fudging" was, perhaps, a common shortcut around the
    inadequacies of the measuring techniques available then. I'll be interested in
    seeing Seth's response, if indeed there will be one!
        - Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron