Tuesday, July 28, 1998

susan@drowsydoll.com -a surprise!

A woman friend of mine, Susan, e- mailed me yesterday informing me about her new web site : susan@drowsydoll.com . Susan is a refined and educated person married to Mark, who still publishes the works of H.P Lovecraft ( Arkam House, I recall ).

She left me guessing what this was all about. But I read : "Everyone love Drowsy ! " . I had second thoughts about checking Drowsy out in a public library. I sent her an e-message : " tell me more ! "
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

This morning I met Drowsy: " Drowsy is perhaps the most beloved doll made in the 1960s. Made by Mattel Inc; she is a doll who looks like a baby ,yet talks like a toddler.

... " And yet to many of us Drowsy is much more than just another doll--she is the first 'baby ' we ever tried to ' mother' - and for that reason she will always be cherished ".

            " My first Drowsy came  from Santa on Christmas of 1967.
    She was beautiful ... "

 Susan already has many fans visiting her Drowsy web site.

One woman writes : " I love your website, and was impressed with the quality of the drowsy recordings. It was as if I was pulling the strings myself! "

Susan says that she is " aghast at the amount of money people were willing to pay for a Drowsy . "  I  myself have nostalgic memories of a  " Mugs Monkey " doll and a " Howdy  Doody " doll. My mother told me that I was ready to mug for mugs. But I remember that Howdy was my " first love ". I have straightened out of course !

 - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wow, Ron, must be a slow news day if you're writing about Drowsy!  :)

    Not that she isn't worthy of a letter to the editor!

    Two minor corrections--"Mark" is actually "Marc" and he runs Necronomicon
    Press--Arkham House is an "enemy" publishing house :)

    As for me being "refined and educated", that is debatable :)

    Your letter is great, otherwise. Any publicity is good.  My site is
    listed on some search engines now such as Yahoo and HotBot so that is
    where the majority of v<italic>isitors come from.  We are planning on
    putting up 2 more sets of Drowsy paper dolls which I purchased and more
    pics. of different Drowsys.  Thanks for thinking Drowsy worthy of a
    letter, Ronnie.

        Having a good day here so far.  Am listening to that flake, Myrna Lamb,
    in the background today while doing work.  She is trying to discuss the
    Clinton/Lewinsky/Starr case intelligently--I think she'd be doing better
    if she just did their horoscopes :)


    Hope you are having a good day.  Thanks again.

    Love,

    Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron