Saturday, August 1, 1998

Olneyville Johns & Hookers

The headline in the Providence Journal this Saturday morning

    is familiar (  August 1, page  A3) : " 29 arrested in prostitution

    sting ".  This all took place in the city's Olneyville section.

         Neighbors were complaining , I guess. My brother John - who

    I'm sure is NOT a " John " owns and rents out property in the area.

    I know he already has enough garbage problems. Those other " Johns "

    he does not.

         But my brother John is a single man in his mid- thirties - the

    average age of the gentlemen busted ? ( I 'll figure it out later on

    my calculator ).

          His girl friend, Shelly, might be furious to read this but I

    suspect that John and most American males would agree with this

    little bit of bar room MEN'S TALK : " Marriage in general - with

    all due respect to the beloved spouse is fundamentally a MONEY for

    SEX arrangement. Oh ,yes! I've heard too many stories. There are ,of

    course, many inspiring exceptions to this rather sordid RULE.

          I will not scold the Providence Journal for printing the

    names of the Johns and -quite possibly destroying what little

    marital bliss remained in their life. The law is the law, for now.

    And I agree they should all know better than to seek truly " filthy "

    sex on the streets.

         One of the police dept lures said : " You dress up too nice ,

    they know it's a cop."

         In fact the wisdom of the street wise John is this : " You look

    too pretty, they know it's a cop  ".

           The way to get prostitution   off the streets is to LEGALIZE

    it !  And that will also promote safe if not sane sex.

         Street prostitution just moves around . Elmwood  Avenue use to

    be the area of those  sting operations. I've already warned a

    sexually robust friend in Miami - who visits Rhode Island now and

    then to stay  away from Elmwood Ave.

         Looking over the list of Johns busted all I can say is : " There

    but for the grace of Grace go I  "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron