Monday, July 27, 1998

A.H Liddle in Providence Journal

Well to my surprise Alfred H. Liddle III at least LOOKS like

    a winner. I read in the Providence Journal today ( July 27 ) that

    he is a man of political ambition in Warwick where he is a lifelong

    resident. A conservative Republican, he is now seeking a seat in

    the state legislature, District 37.

            Among his credentials he has a bachelor's degree in English

    literature. I myself am a registered Democrat ( open minded, I think )

    but I am convinced that this attractive candidate can do as much

    for booming Warwick as  George F. Babbitt did for Zenith in

    the Sinclair Lewis novel " Babbitt ".

          He believes in LESS GOVERNMENT REGULATION . I suspect

    that he has been inspired by Ronald Reagan or Barry Goldwater.

        They show that it is possible to be conservative without

    being obnoxious, I guess.

         At age 46 , married and with a 12 year old daughter, Mr.

    Liddle does not look like a man who has convulsions over

    school lunch programs.

         I assume that he is the same A.H Liddle who corresponds

    rather frequently with the Warwick Beacon.

        Perhaps personal contact with the public can improve his

    image. I see an old crank in his letters. And he should

    play down his anti-gay perspective, even if it is not

    malicious.

         The " immediate 10 percent reduction in  the state's

    income rate"  -this idea is definitely a " read my lips"

    wopper. But it can win an election.

         I will send him an autographed photo of Patrick Kennedy

    just as soon as I get one.

         In my heart I know that Liddle is Right !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron