Saturday, July 18, 1998

Sociologist on the bus

The smartest thing I've done lately is buy myself a two-zone

    RIPTA bus pass - $34.50 for one month. But I must warn people

    unsophisticated in matters sociological : prepare yourself for encounters

    not with the " worthy poor " right out of a Charles Dickens novel- but

    with the the most brainless, wretched freaks - of all races and

    nationalities. Now I know what types inspired the H.P Lovecraft story :

    " The Horror at Redhook ". Did Lovecraft have a prophetic vision of the

    future of Rhode Island - where out of the lowest of the low degenerates

    a new race would arise, even more HORRIBLE ?

          I am not about to hang up an Adolph Hitler in my bedroom. But I

    must ask : Is there a gentler, kinder way to rid the civilized world

    of the sub-human super breeders ? Is Eugenics still a dirty word ?

         The problem here is not so much shameful poverty but the very

    decay of humanity !   It is hard to see humanity in beasts .

         Not a cheerful letter today I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron