Saturday, October 10, 2015

The town of Foster goes " fascist " as big brother Rick warned

  My family for many years always gathered at my brother Rick's house in the quintessential New England town of Foster, Rhode Island on Thanksgiving and Christmas and often on New Years. My brother served on the Town Council in Foster as one of the gang of " Foster Democrats ". Rick might have been a bit of a " sore loser " when he described a Republican sweep of the town council as a " fascist takeover " in a letter published in the Providence Journal some years ago.
But I doubt if Rick - a kind man but a little on the cheap side- would ever have tolerated a " spendthrift " town council.
Rick passed away last year . He did not take my advice to quit smoking. And I recall that dear Big Brother also did not take my advice to " shake more hands " when running for re -election in the small town of Foster. " Fascism " sneaked through the barn door, Rick.
The Fall makes me nostalgic. We will be visiting the old family house in Foster soon. Rick Jr. and wife Lynn and their five kids now live there on Howard Hill Rd. And Rick Jr. has even turned the heat up. It gets cold in Foster- Ethan Frome  COLD.
For years my family gathered at my brother Rick's house in beautiful Foster
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron