Thursday, October 8, 2015

Like Holden Caulfield I am turned off by everything PHONY - " if you really want to know the truth "

        
Time to get a little cynical about " philanthropists " like Alan Shawn Feinstein. Without ever meeting Alan,  the famous Black Muslim Malcolm X said years ago : " Show me a capitalist and I'll show you a blood sucker ". That must apply even to Alan FAWNED UPON Feinstein. Hardly anybody challenges his obsession to have his name immortalized on so  many  buildings in Providence.  I grew up in the Washington Park area of Providence. I went to the elementary school with the non-descript name of Broad St. School. I prefer that drab name to the  new one: " Alan Shawn Feinstein..... blah, blah, blah .  ".  Alex Paradis  says  he is  " a phony... really very rude... in person ".   Like that sensitive- if neurotic- youth Holden Caulfield in J.D. Salinger's " Catcher in the Rye ", I am- even in very late youth ( age 68 )- turned off by everything and everybody PHONY .... I really am  ,  " if you really want to know the truth ".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron