Sunday, October 19, 2014

Post in last edition of Providence Phoenix on " Buddy Unbroken "

I recall that I had one letter published in the Providence Phoenix not long after my beloved Mayor Vincent "Buddy" Cianci was sent to federal prison. I did not think "Buddy" should have been found GUILTY at all.
In this October 1998 file photo, Mayor Vincent
"Buddy" Cianci Jr., poses: (Matt York/AP)

According to the ruling, he was guilty in general of corruption, but not guilty of any crime in particular. A pernicious law that could get any rebel sent to prison who infuriates the local ruling class. An old dialectical law: the truth is always concrete. Only God should pass judgment on a "corrupt soul."

In the letter I expressed hope that Cianci would not be broken by prison. Today I caught a glimpse of him on "Meet the Press," Buddy Unbroken !

Buddy Cianci on "Meet the Press" 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron