Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I was right about Kevin Trudeau ( note to brother Steve, my editor )

 Steve, I am sure it was in 1997 that I had one of my first letters- to- the editor sent via e-mail ( OCEAN STATE FREE NET) . It was published with the heading " This man is a convicted swindler ". It was about one budding con artist named Kevin Trudeau. Recently I had a passing thought about the guy: " And whatever happened to that affable, good looking charlatan ? "
       Again the wonderful Internet  helped me :  March 18, 2014 : "  ' Natural Cures ' Author Kevin Trudeau Sentenced ". ...... " prosecutors fought for a prison sentence of at least 10 years....." They said the guy was so incorrigible that he would " probably try to defraud his prison mates. "
         The prosecutors won: U.S. District Judge Ronald Guzman sentenced  Trudeau to 10 years.
  Trudeau was a fresh faced young man when I wrote that letter to the Providence Journal in 1997. The article concludes : " Trudeau will be 60 years old before he is let out of prison ".
         Could you track this letter down when you have the time ?  Nice for me to know that I have been a sound judge of character.
                                                                                   Love to all ,  Uncle Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron