Saturday, February 19, 2022

My definition of a writer is simply somebody who writes routinely for whatever reason.

 


I can't add much to this topic : why students ( or anybody ) hate to write. I like this idea : WRITING IS THINKING ! It does activate ( if possible ) an area of your brain that is quite separate from SPEAKING . My definition of a writer is simply somebody who writes routinely for whatever reason. FLOW comes simply from always having something to say that certainly would interest at least SOME people you know and perhaps many you don't know. People are often intimidated by a warning : DON'T PUT IT IN WRITING ! You'll be sorry ! " . I am never sorry to say what I think . By writing I literally CREATE my own communicating CONSCIOUSNESS. I forge my own soul - if not the " uncreated consciousness of my race ". My blog ( Radical Ron's Blog Spot) is now a very useful record of my " Ideas and Opinions ": Just what was I thinking and FEELING in October of 1999 ( the year my father passed away ) ? What was I thinking on my 50th birthday ? What was I thinking when Donald Trump shocked the nation by getting elected president of the United States in 2016 ? What was I reading ( my short book reviews ) in 1972 ? What movies impressed me in 1980 ? Writing makes possible a web of memory and complexity in thinking . Oh what a fine web we weave when first we practice to CONCEIVE . Written work testifies to the UNITY OF INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS while aging seemingly makes us a different PERSON from whom we were so many years ago. For example , I have this written about my 7 year old self : I was asking at the very beginning of MY LIFE : " Daddy , what is inside your soul ? " But did I ever find the answer ? The movies inside my head ( the MIND if not the soul ) have as much material reality as some convoluted magnetic field pattern ? Note that a static magnetic field when agitated can break away and travel into infinite space at the speed of light. A not so hopeless hope for immortality. We might all meet at the END OF TIME in some ethereal GOOD place. I would like to go BACK IN TIME . And not even very far back. To see , touch , and smell the great persons of THE PAST long before radio, TV , photography and the movies. So YOU are Julius Caesar ? YOU are Plato ? YOU are Socrates ? YOU are Saint Paul ? You ARE Jesus Christ ? And YOU are my great , great , great grandfather ?
The BIG BANG was also the not so dead past . But what was the point of having a THINKING brain until the really COMPLEX appeared as LIFE ON EARTH some three billion years ago ?
[“Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.”] James Joyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron