Tuesday, February 22, 2022

H.G. Wells " beast-man " encountered in Kennedy Plaza

 

Last night I finished reading the H.G. Wells classic " The Island of Doctor Moreau ". A wretched homeless man who accosted me at the Kennedy Plaza bus stop sadly reminded of one of Moreau's " beast-men " - a product of the good doctor's " vivisection " skills in his diabolical " House of Pain ". Wells wrote a big non-fiction book titled " Science of Life " . But modern genetics will find his " Island of Doctor Moreau " preposterous.
Anyway , the " beast -man " I encountered in Kennedy Plaza had hideous swollen hands with dirty blackish and sharpened -like claws - fingernails. " Was it frostbite ? " I wondered. I thought . " He needs immediate medical attention ".
Again today I spotted him at the bus stop in Kennedy Plaza . Again I quickly examined those pitiful hands. Before boarding the RIPTA 21 bus , I gave him one dollar.
I thought of boldly interviewing him for my blog. No doubt he too has a HUMAN INTEREST story .
More Videos on Watch
Replay Video
Share
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron