Saturday, September 15, 2018

Isaac Asimov's biggest mistake - " Murder at the ABA " - sexist trash

 I reluctantly started reading this Asimov mystery story last night  that I picked up in a used book store . Half through I am shocked by the pulp fiction level sexism. I am shocked by the crude display of obnoxious , egocentric characters . I  want to warn young people to avoid daffy FAMOUS PEOPLE and CELEBRITIES .

            Was this great humane and brilliant  science writer's social life filled with such unpleasant characters ?  A privileged, piggishly self-indulgent , bitter world of jealous AUTHOR AUTHORS .

             When ALL the characters in a novel seem to lack common courtesy and decency that novel is TRASH. I am embarrassed for the late Dr. Asimov . But then it was 1976 - the height of the decadent " sexual revolution ".

     True trash - " Murder at the ABA ". But how instructive it can be to read  DATED trash . I will finish it tonight : " Murder at the ABA " by Isaac Asimov.

Image result for asimov murder at the aba

Review of " Murder at the ABA "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron