Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A sample of Pop's fan mail ( 1968 ) On the poem " If " by Rudyard Kipling

 
         On July 12, 1968, a William C. Eccleston , then a member of the Coventry, Rhode Island Town Council, sent this " fan " mail to my father ( radio name DON ROGERS , WEAN, Providence ) :

  [   Dear Don:
                   Just a short note to let you know we really enjoy your show. I am quite busy most of the time and usually find your show most effective medicine when I'm trying to unwind and relax. The Cares of the day seem to drift away when my mind is stimulated with new thoughts when you read and the pleasing moods are kept alive with pleasing music .
       I especially enjoyed your reading of the poem " IF  ". In our conversation on the phone the other night you said you had considered making a recording , I'd like to encourage the idea and offer any help that I can . Until you do the poem " IF " , I'll have to settle for a written copy if you would, please.
        Thanking you for many hours of pleasure , I remain
                                                                              Sincerely Yours,
                                                                              Wm. C. Eccleston
                                                                              Hill Farm Rd.
                                                                              Coventry, R.I. 02816 ]
                                                                                                

Image result for the poem if by rudyard kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron