Sunday, April 19, 2015

More Catholic bashing

    It is rather hateful to describe ANY Catholic as a " Mary worshiper ". And most pious Catholics don't presume which souls go right to hell.I went to Catholic school in Providence Rhode Island ( St. Michael's ) for the critical 7th and 8th grades. In 1960 it was still pre-Vatican II and the good nuns were proud that a Catholic candidate, John F. Kennedy, was running for president, a charming Irish-Catholic winner.
I don't recall being taught anything hateful about gays, Jews, Protestants, or communists at St. MIchael's. But , of course, not having the good luck of the Irish Kennedys, HELL might be waiting for them.
The Catholic Church position on abortion is many centuries old. The " evil " of abortion was a theme in the movie " The Cardinal ", I recall.
I happen to have an old 1950s " Baltimore Catechism " in my closet. I consider it a moral classic- if not quite infallible TRUTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron