Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A time in radio history-that Italian surname ?

    Image result for godfather an offer you can't refuse







  1. Rhode Island Radio - Page 34 - Google Books Result

    https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0738576697
    John Rooke, ‎Gary Berkowitz - 2012 - ‎History
    At a fundraising event, the Rhode Island broadcasting icons shown are, from left to right, George Downey, WEAN; Don Rogers, WRIB; Ed Pearson, WEAN; Jim ...

               [ Well  we are all prouder of  Pizza and Puccini Pop , Don Rogers , the " Phantom of Italian Opera " at Providence radio station WEAN for more than three decades. He retired -more or less- in 1986 . Not quite a Hall of Famer,  Pop did get much interesting ( and for Ma infuriating) fan mail. I will publish excerpts from it  in the future. ]


                                                                                                                      

    Expand Messages
    • Laurie Johnson
      Message 1 of 1 , Sept. 21, 2005
    Hello all,

    My first job in radio was doing an overnight shift on WEAN Saturday
    night into Sunday morning during Don Rogers' 'Words and Music'
    program. I anchored the news and changed large reels of tape. I knew
    I better play those reels in the correct order or somehow Mr. Rogers
    would find out. On occasion, Pam Watts would come in on time at 5AM
    to relieve me.

    This was my during my sophomore year at RIC. You can guess how exciting
    my college weekends were NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron