Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Heartfelt Handwritten Notes Missed

I agree with the writer Mary Ellen Lukasiewicz that social media may inhibit younger people from writing heartfelt personal letters and thank you notes. You have a kindred spirit in Catholic Bishop Thomas Tobin. He makes it clear in an April 29,2015 column in Rhode Island Catholic that only old fashioned handwritten or non-email letters will get a serious response from him.
Last year I realized that my brain had nearly forgotten the art of hand-writing. I treasure any handwritten letters from old friends. The brain or the heart prefers the personal touch.
I have now several notebooks of handwritten notes.These I will spare the good bishop-and the good editors.
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron