Monday, December 20, 2021

There is a TIME in your life

 


Is 52 too old to apply to medical school? A question :
[ "As someone who is finishing residency at age 51, I will be very honest: there is no way in HELL I’d start now. I’m so glad to be finishing and having a light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel. I feel good, no health issues, stamina is fine… but the BS you have to go through as a medical student and resident is not something I would want to do as I headed into my sixties. It’s not that you wouldn’t be able to keep up. It’s that the nonsense you have to deal with when you’ve been a big kid all your life gets annoying quickly. And yet, just because you’re older and more mature, you will not be exempt from being treated like your 20 something peers. Plus, think about how long you’ll have to practice once done. I’ve got 15–20 good years left before I’ll want to retire or maybe move into a more administrative role. You’d have 5–10. That seems awfully short for minimum of 7 year commitment.
But hey, what do I know? You could be independently wealthy and this could be your dream. Plus, unlike me, you could be thinking of a less physically demanding role such as psychiatry or occupational medicine. If so, don’t let me dissuade you. Clearly, I was old as dirt when I started. " ]
MY THOUGHT : The life cycle is one of the great facts of life. There is a TIME in your life. There is a season. You cannot warp TIME to realizes old daydreams. You can't go back to old DREAM TIME romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron