Thursday, September 9, 2021

Professor of Personal Adjustment

Yes, I remember him very well- Professor Harold Hill . He was my Psychology Of
Personal Adjustment instructor for one memorable semester at the Community
College of Rhode Island.

Last week he had an article published in " Psychology Today " offering expert advice on combating violence in the workplace, now a national epidemic.

Wrote Professor Hill: " People have pressures and problems at work and haven't
learned how to deal with them in a non-violent way".

I recall the good professor evicting me from his classroom the very first week. He was convinced that I had plagiarized my essay on " hippies" and the peace
movement. When I PROVED that I had in fact written the essay, he gave me an A+ and recommended  that I read, "Dianetics " by Ron Hubbard,the founder of scientology.

He also gave me this bit of avuncular advice:" Stay off the front page of the
Providence Journal ! "

Professor Hill himself made the front page this morning: " Distraught Professor
Murders College President and Four Others ". He was upset because an outspoken opponent of his beloved scientology was promoted
to the top position in the Psychology Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron