Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Capitalism poisons LOVE & MARRIAGE !

[ At a staff meeting, the school’s dean makes mention of the college’s policy on sexual harassment: “Every September one receives this in one’s mailbox. … And every September one immediately tosses it all into the trash.” ]

Another question rarely spoken : Why this malevolent poisoning of the relationship between the sexes, male & female , something at the very core of LIFE ?

          This thought was reinforced this morning when I encountered a middle aged man on the bus - not a RIPTA regular- clean and neat but oddly wearing several layers of shirts. Had he been robbed ? As he talked to the elderly woman across from him he seemed on the brink of madness.

  Listening to him, I learned that he was on his way to divorce court. The ex-wife- to- be had locked him out . He did not even have his cell phone and asked me if he could borrow mine : " I just got a job as a car salesman and already made my first sale ". I told him that under the circumstances he could, of course, use my cell phone. He was worried about being late for court. I heard him say : " Fifteen years of marriage and I put HER through college ".

              It was a cold day in December. As he walked away I told him that I hope he recovers his coat . And that " divorce was always very sad ".

            Capitalism has made MONEY relationships destroy LOVE and ROMANCE . And long ago , as Marx said in the Communist Manifesto, it undermined the " sacred " family.

                That is why LOVE seems like the stock in trade of religious charlatans today. There is nothing wrong with LOVE and everything right about it . But capitalism poisons it !



Image result for capitalism destroys romance
" Love In The Time of Capitalism "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron