Thursday, October 8, 1998

When should a leader quit ?

An eighth grade student, Emily Bowen, thinks President Clinton

   should resign because he is a bad role model ( letter to editor,
    Providence

   Journal, Oct.8 ) . Painful words to read, but nobody can deny that
    Clinton

   is a little less than exemplary.

           He has his despicable apologists of course. And once again I

   shall play the role of his unpaid attorney:

         Here I wish to defend him against  detractors who recall

   that FIRST  " big lie ": He tried marijuana as a naive youth but

   never inhaled.

          People have laughed at this one for years now. But I

   insist that here he was indeed telling the truth .

         I know from my own experience at that he is telling the

   truth. Like Clinton I am a non-smoker. I believe Clinton was

   also a non-smoker when  he tried that first marijuana cigarette.

          There is more to this " inhaling " business than you

   think. Cigarette smokers get the knack of it. So they are

   more experienced at inhaling marijuana smoke. Getting it

   deep down into the lungs from which it can then embark on

   its stupefying mission to the brain.

        When I complained to experienced pot heads that the damn

   stuff did nothing for me they said : " it's because you don't

   KNOW HOW TO INHALE " .

          Cigarettes smokers DO know how to inhale. But I was not

   about to take up hazardous cigarette smoking in order to learn

   how to inhale.

           I still have no use for the stupid stuff - marijuana .

      I am telling you the truth just as Bill Clinton told you

   the truth. And he was not under oath when he talked about " not

   inhaling ".Just remember that.

          But I am telling you the truth about this " inhaling "

   business. Scout's honor !

               If Clinton came out for legalizing pot - which he

   must be tempted to do - and it is the right thing - his

   popularity will be even higher than it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron