Saturday, October 31, 1998

" Hey, do you know what time it is ? "

You tube song
Last Saturday night people were warned about the seasonal

    time change: " Set your clock ahead one hour ". I do enjoy waking up

    with sunlight in my face ! But I forgot about the most important clock,

    the digital alarm clock in my bedroom.

           Awakening twice in the darkness this past week, I turned on

    my bedside radio to WLKW . " Hey do you know what time it is ? " I




    hummed, recalling the song ( It reminded me of an  LSD time warp ! )

           The radio guy DID know what time it was. But he just had to

    be cute about it : Four times ! " It is now quarter to the hour" ...

    " It is five past THE HOUR...."  ... " It is now half past THE HOUR ".

     " It is now just THE TOP OF THE HOUR ! "

       I was rather annoyed : " WHAT hour damn it ? "

        Could not the radio personality just say : " It is five past FIVE "

    or " It is SIX o'clock ".. ( And you better get your ass out of bed ! )


          Am I not worth THE TIME OF THE DAY ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron