Saturday, July 28, 2018

Does not my new born " Little Honey " niece have a RIGHT to clean, healthy drinking water ?


High levels of toxic chemicals found in drinking water of west Michigan community


Fearing the quality of the drinking water - once a pristine , Proustian memory of the Scituate Reservoir ( used as a background for old Narragansett Beer commercials ) I began regularly buying bottled water a few years ago . Daily radio commercials for home water filtration systems struck me as a PRIVATE solution to a PUBLIC problem. Don't we all have a right to clean, healthy drinking water ? I thought.

            Then I learned that those plastic bottles - exposed to heat - interact with the " natural spring " drinking water making them possibly carcinogenic. Is CANCER the perfect metaphor for decaying capitalism ?

                I should not be too personally neurotic about any environmental dangers at age 71. But what about my " Little Honey " new born niece - a gift to my family and to the whole world ? Don't innocent kids have a RIGHT TO LIFE in the most elementary sense ? Decaying capitalism just says NO !

Image result for toxic drinking water
Capitalists' gift to my " Little Honey "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron