Monday, June 29, 1998

How to sweeten sour criticism

I wrote recently to your newspaper responding to reader displeasure


    with  Channing Gray's often  " sour " criticism. It occurred to me that


    if the honest  critic has nothing very positive to say about the entertainment,


    he  could look around the audience for delighted faces.  Ask them for their


    opinion of the show. Even if that person is the star's mother,  her opinion


    will sweeten the sourness of the review.


           I saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show just once and I was " dragged "


    there to see it. I would have given it a sour review. But people who have


    never seen the cult sexual farce should hear from people who have seen it


    a thousand times.


          " Gone with the Wind " legend Clark Gable has given me an an enduring


    reminder of the weight of my own opinions :  " Frankly my dear I don't


    give a damn !  "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron