Thursday, June 11, 1998

On Renting Funeral Garb


         The somewhat morbid inspiration came to me after the wake in

    Greenville. A dear friend of the family had died . I missed the wake

    but was determined to make it to the funeral.And I almost missed the

    funeral, not wanting to disgrace the family by looking as if I were on

    my way to a rodeo. Luckily I was able to borrow black pants almost the

    right size from my brother -in-law .

        When it rained -as it often seems to do at funerals- I wished I had

    a black umbrella.

        A light when on in my imagination. We routinely rent clothes for

    weddings ( I did when I was best man at a friend's wedding ). Why not

    be able to rent them -on a moment's notice - from a store dedicated to

    such " emergency " needs ?

        The population of Rhode Island is aging - which means steady business

    for the funeral industry.

        I will ask the sharp entrepreneurs out there : Does this idea -renting

    funeral garb and black umbrellas - have any merit. Perhaps the idea itself

    should be taxed ? To discourage frivolous thinking .

       If I were to open the  first store, I would name it : " Wake Around

    The Clock ".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron