Monday, August 2, 2021

I still think there should be no insane WAR ON DRUGS

[ Griffin said she was first introduced to pills via Provigil, an amphetamine similar to Adderall, which she had been prescribed by a doctor. She said she was later prescribed Ambien to help her sleep, and then painkillers after various injuries. “I really fell in love with them,” she said. “Then, it was kind of the allure of, ‘Oh, I can regulate my energy levels or my moods. Or ... I fell on my elbow in my act or something and I can be pain-free or something.’ And it got out of control very rapidly.”] Mood altering drugs can mess up your life and the life of people around you . But I still think there should be no insane WAR ON DRUGS . Doctors should not be subject to police state supervision for occasional errors in judgment in prescribing . In fact you should not need a prescription for opioids anymore than you need a prescription for beer, wine, or whiskey or cigarettes. Human beings have a right to EXPERIMENT -at their own risk - with LDS, pot , Cocaine , etc.. As long as they are not being prosecuted by THE LAW they can probably cure themselves of any " addiction " problem. To be sure , my soul was shaped by the tumultuous 60s . NOTE : I myself am quite conservative in my personal habits .] Kathy Griffin battles lung cancer, shares about dark chapter of addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron