Saturday, September 12, 1998

More jackass management !


          Everywhere today MANAGEMENT insists on its precious prerogatives

    but almost nowhere can it demonstrate even ordinary COMMON SENSE .

         I often have breakfast in a Friendly's restaurant right across

    from my Church Ave. apartment in Warwick. ( here you can pay $4.00

    for a breakfast special that cost you $2.00 downtown at Ted's New

    York system )

           Yesterday I noticed a teenage waitress wearing a humiliating

    round paper patch with a special message for the exceptionally

    creepy customer : " If I forget to ask you for our juice, you

    can get one glass for free ! " ( near quote )

          I told the girl gently, I recall, that the manager should

    not subject the help to that humiliating nonsense. I said it

    reminded me of the junk food joints that try to force their

    horrid french fries on every customer. Who doesn't know that

    they serve this junk ?

          And who doesn't know that Friendly's has fruit juice ?

    We'll ask if we crave it !

         Today when I ordered my breakfast at Friendly's, there

    was a different teenage girl. This one a bit of a rebel . She

    wore her message patch upside down !

         I was proud of her and left a bigger tip than usual.

       She will learn that there is really no end to the Arrogance

    of Power !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron