Wednesday, October 9, 2024

On obese people being " unattractive " ? My opinion on top

Profile photo for Chris [Your opinion is narrowly scientifically correct but lacking in something called emotional intelligence.Whatever the whole explanation for the obesity epidemic showing contempt for people struggling with the problem is in this case rightfully politically incorrect. In my personal relationships with the people their sexual attractiveness is almost always irrelevant.And yes , what would Jesus think about hearts of stone no matter how fine the body? Ron Ruggieri ] Chris Studied History of the United States of America (Graduated 2005)Author has 173 answers and 608.6K answer viewsUpdated 13h [ "Well of course I can only answer for myself, not for all men, but… To the extent that it is chosen, a person’s outer appearance reflects their inner values. A fat body is a choice - or, rather, the sum of dozens of small choices made every day. These choices reveal character. “Yes, I’ll have a Starbucks drink instead of a cup of homemade coffee today; yes, going out for lunch sounds great; sure, I’ll join you for happy hour after work again; no, I don’t feel like exercising today.” These are the choices that make people fat. People make these choices because they value short-term satisfaction (the kind that comes from sugar and alcohol and binge-watching TV shows) over long-term satisfaction (the kind that comes from having discipline, doing hard things, and not being fat). Basically, I am not attracted to people who hold fundamentally different values from me, and a fat body is an advertisement of incompatible values. EDIT: It’s OK if you think I’m shallow, folks. It’s OK if you think I’m ignorant; it’s even OK if you think I’m Hitler. I’ll be just fine. You can tell yourselves whatever you need to. The bitterness of these replies has, to put it mildly, NOT changed my opinion. Y’all are an unimpressive bunch. Keep telling yourselves there’s no difference in values between a marathoner and a couch potato. Keep telling yourself you can be obese and also serious about fitness. Keep telling yourselves “I don’t eat that much” (make sure to never actually count calories though). Keep telling yourselves your “conditions” are why you have a spare tire. Keep getting angry at guys like me for not being attracted to women who are our exact opposites. Keep offering excuses that just amount too “but it’s haaaaaaaarrrrrdddd 😢. In retrospect I regret pulling my punches. Here’s what I’d say now: in this society, way too many people - male and female - are fat. The vast majority of them got that way through a combination of inactivity and overconsumption. I find that unattractive. If that hurts your feelings it’s probably because you’re one of them and you know it’s true..."]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron