Monday, October 7, 2024

My sister -in-law Evelyn Ruggieri has passed away

AI Overview Learn more My sister in law , Evelyn , wife of my deceased older brother Richard Ruggieri, passed away last week and was buried at St. Ann's Cemetery in Cranston - free at last from cruel dementia . All the RIP friends and relatives at this Catholic cemetery( mentioned by my brother John in his graveside speech ) were a big part of the very fabric of our lives. RIP Evelyn. We remember all the good and all the happy days of our lives together : Recall the poem " For Whom The Bell Tolls " ? [AI Overview Learn more … [ "The poem For Whom the Bell Tolls by John Donne is about how the death of one person affects us all because we are all part of humanity: Meaning The poem's meaning is that the tolling of a church bell for a person's death is a toll for all of us because we are all connected. The line "never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee" suggests that the bell will toll for each of us because we will all die. " ] NOTE : My brother John had a creative memoriam display on a table at the graveside . Evelyn was buried with my " forever big brother " Rick. One of brother John's items on that table struck me as unusually eerie even for a graveside ceremony : it was a black now antique home dial- phone. But the phone number on it was HO 1-5807 - our family phone number for years at 315 California Ave. in the Washington Park neighborhood of Providence , Rhode Island. Johnny said that I had a call . For a moment I thought that old phone was somehow really connected. " Talk to Pop " , Johnny said . I recall this was an idea I had for one of my mini-horror stories. I will check. Happily Pop's spirit speaks to me always as " The Eternal Optimist ". In troubled times : " This too will pass ! " …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron