Sunday, April 23, 2023

Does vulgar laughter reveal your IQ ?

While waiting the Cranston Public Library to open on their Sunday hours I stopped at the nearby DUNKIN for hot coffee and a corn muffin. I was facing the TV but behind me was a group ( 7 or 8 ) of retired " regulars " who needed all present in DUNKIN to know just how surprisingly vacuous minds can be at any age. Closing my eyes I could think I was back in time in one of the more extremely LOW LIFE bars in downtown Providence circa 1973. Was it VON STUEBENS that even smelled like it was built over a cesspool ? But no pints of stale Narragansett Beer were needed to free the INNER IDIOT in them . Without even knowing what they were laughing and joking at anybody with a spark of old fashioned CULTURE would be chilled by the very sound of VULGAR IGNORANCE here. I still wonder : can one sentence from your mouth mark you as an IDIOT ? So to get my point I reached for my cell phone and turned on " RECORD ".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron