Thursday, December 29, 2022

To be sure , a WOKE Catholic Church is a joke Catholic Church !

Brought up Roman Catholic myself I remain respectful of the Catholic Tradition ( even in literature and moral philosophy ) . But I prefer the pre-Vatican II " conservative " Church with its ancient rituals and beautiful Latin mass to the manic and often goofy ( or blasphemous ) MODERNISM of the Catholic Church after 1965 . To be sure , a WOKE Catholic Church is a joke Catholic Church . I think my feelings here are shared by Peggy Noonan's biography of Pope John Paul II ( now a canonized saint ) . Peggy is a conservative Republican ! Could the terrible child abuse scandals of the 2000 year old Catholic Church be connected to insidious " modernism " ? Or was I just brainwashed as a kid when I perceived Catholic nuns and priests as having an aura of holiness and goodness ? The innocent child's intuition ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron