Monday, August 15, 2022

The New England Industrial Revolution still haunts Rhode Island

Walking along the nearby TACO factory I have recollections of hellish factory experience in my youth.I was warned that the prison like Jewelry factories were always OPEN to the next batch of " stupid " high school drop outs.TACO as far as I know has a kinder reputation.But the LOOK recalls the horrors of the early New England INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION Note : I later graduated from CCRI.Nowadays are high school drop outs assured even factory work? I suspect that here computer skills might be demanded of employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron