Thursday, August 18, 2022

DISGUST plays a big role in our lives !

My " walking stick " metal cane needed a rubber tip. I was walking toward Jayco Medsupply on Park Ave., Cranston. Entering Jayco's the guy at the counter immediately knew what I needed. The rubber tip cost $3:00 . I continued walking up Park Ave for at least a half mile . I was headed for the Arlington Branch Library . Suddenly ( a senior moment ? ) I realized that my black bag -which contained two cell phones , one for the video here- was missing from my left hand that held it . A moment of dry mouth panic that I have known before when I left my wallet on a RIPTA 21 bus ( later retrieved ) . I returned to Jayco Medsupply . Nope, I had not left the black bag there. I recall stopping to tie my shoe near Budlong Ave and the Cranston Bike Walk where I take my regular Twilight Walk. Walking back another half mile in the now oppressive sunshine and heat I spotted the black bag - LUCKY for me - untouched by any passerby. With a sense of relief I headed for another bus stop which would take me to the main library in Cranston where I am presently . Upon entering the Cranston Public Library I turned to use the Men's Rest Room . CLOSED - OUT OF ORDER. I was thinking of being a wise guy and going into the WOMEN's ROOM ( " I feel like a lady today ! " ) . Instead I went across the street and used the Men's Room at the Whole Foods Market. Returning to the library I noticed that once again my reading glasses broke- now useless to stay on my nose. I had an extra pair in my black bag. A man across from me got angry at a rather creepy guy who farted loudly without apology a few computer stations down on his left. I recognized this " creep" from way back with long gray hair , scraggy dirty gray beard and white ( Russian ? ) winter hat. He once - I recall - assaulted a passenger on a RIPTA bus spraying him with MACE. Just days ago this unpleasant fellow farted loudly again in the library WITHOUT APOLOGY annoying a woman at a computer near him who quickly moved away in DISGUST. The creep said that " it was just a normal body function ". It occurred to me that DISGUST plays a big role in our lives. It could even start nuclear World War III .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron