Wednesday, July 7, 1999

Internet is bringing the family together !

In my " Open Diary " entrance ( I've just changed
   the anonymous " name " ) I made the point that the
   Internet - not the babbling of "family values " political
   phonies -is really reconstructing the old fashioned
   FAMILY of beloved memory.
       I immediately received notes from Open Diary readers:

      " You are so right about the computer. I have gotten
    to know my sons so much better since we have been on
    line.They are more open in writing than in person. And
    I can talk back to my grandkids everyday!!! "

        " I'm one of the 'older crowd' who is learning to
     use the computer. My teachers have been my daughter and
     my students in school.It sure does come easy for them,
     doesn't it ? "

        " I also wish more older folks would get computers.
      It sure would be easier to keep in touch. I don't
      know why so many people are afraid of computers. "

         Let me add that the web site -Myfamily.com - is
      also a boon to " family values ".

           I wrote : " For years people are a big part of
       your life. Then one day you have the melancholy
       reflexion that they have faded into the irrevocable
       past"

           " After a certain age, EVERYBODY believes in
        ghosts, believe me ! "

            The Internet is great for ghost hunting .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron