Friday, July 2, 1999

Dave Brussat sings " Downtown "

 Good morning Dave. While reading your zestful column
   this morning I could hear in my mind's ear the popular
   Petula Clark hit song " Downtown ".
      So charged with enthusiasm was it for life( " this
   is living " ) in the NEW downtown Providence.
       No quarrel with gentleman Norm Jagolinzer, but you
   might enjoy the NPR station WGBH 89.7 fm even more.
      I hope NPR raises the money they need to stay on
  the air waves. I have not heard from " Fernando " in
  months.
      Downtown Providence also deserves a bigger and better
  library. And perhaps a new police station.
     I say this politely: Downtown deserves YOU !

     Warwick is the perfect example of a suburban ghetto.In
  due time I will move back to good,old Providence. All I
 need is an apartment for the " upwardly mobile " renting
 at cheap lowlife rates!

        Have a nice day, Dave   -ron


- - - - - - - - -
response from Dave Brussat:

Ron - Thanks for your swell note. My column has been so grumpy in
recent weeks that I felt I had to pull out all the stops and not allow
any nabobs of negativity to splash the placid equanimity of my optimism,
such as it is. Meanwhile, I think I'll hire one of the homeless to carry
behind me, at a discreet distance, a boom box playing Petula Clark's
masterpiece, which I also adore. Then I can walk around town feeling the
lightness of being that comes from having one's own theme song (as if I
were living in the opening segment of my own TV series).
     Again, many thanks.
     - Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron