Sunday, July 18, 1999

Friendly's logic of laziness

I often have breakfast at the nearby Friendly's restaurant.

    I often order their " egg melt " special. With the coffee it usually

    costs me $3.83.

                Lately I'm watching my fat intake. So I ordered the

    breakfast melt  " without the bacon ". I noticed right away that

    there was no change in the bill.

              I do not like to be a stinker in a restaurant. But neither

    will I be a sap. I questioned the legitimacy of the bill. I was

    told that the  cash register  could only recognize " breakfast melt ".

           Stupidly the kid told me : " There is no button to push " for

    my order.

              A little disgusted with the mental laziness, I did not

    leave a tip. And then matter was settled fairly.


          " Friendly's " is also not friendly enough to ban smoking in

    the restaurant.

                   Things could be worse for me, I suppose. I could be

    a  Kosovo refugee . Or a Republican in Providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron