Thursday, July 22, 1999

A vote for Bluto

Good morning, Bob. I read The Sunday Journal article by Mike
        Stanton -and pondered the "sparkling details ".
        So " Bluto Blutarsky" Cianci was not good enough in terms of
    " accomplishment and connection " to get through the tastefully
      worn doors of the venerable University Club ? To sample their
      vintage wine and socialize with vintage people ?
         I am reminded of the wise-crack : "  How can I respect a
      club that would have me for a member ? "
          I'm not sure that I would want " Bluto " in my living room
      to share a Miller-Lowlife with me !
            But my contempt for snobby,exclusive clubs is even greater.
       FDR and old Joe Kennedy were excluded from elite clubs in their
       university days. They got REVENGE on their " betters " , to be
       sure.
            Let the University publish a list of ALL its members. We
      shall see, I'll bet, that " connection " is a bigger factor
      than accomplishment. And the truly accomplished amongst us
      are secure enough -unlike Mayor Cianci - not to seek membership
      in high-flying, exclusive clubs.
            Most people,you know, come from the same OLD FAMILY -
      the Monkey Family. Let the exceptions form a club of their
      own !

                   Have a nice day, Bob    -ron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron