Saturday, July 17, 1999

Empathy for R.I. Pride Committee

  I can empathize today with the workers at the Rhode Island

    Pride Committee 's office . Their computer was stolen recently.

    Hundreds of hours of information -some of it perhaps quite

    sensitive -was stored in its memory disk.

           Just yesterday I absent mindedly left a black travel

    bag containing nothing more valuable than tediously obtained

    information , on a RIPTA bus . I think, I hope it is at their

    " lost and found " .  What chance was there that an honest person

    picked it up ? My very phone number is on a dozen papers.

            It never ceases to amaze me that common hoodlums -who could

    not do much good in the world, even if " reformed - can almost

    never make up for the harm they do  .

           Our society pays an awful price for its vast numbers of

    ethically challenged. I guess , as the line in West Side Story

    goes, they are depraved because they were deprived.

           Or is that excuse just liberal soft headedness ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron