Saturday, February 20, 1999

Nothing "amoral" about Froma's generation

All I know about your fine columnist Froma Harrop is what I

    read in the paper.  I suspected she was not a classmate of Seth Brown

    - that's all. But a recent letter writer- he seemed honest and sincere

    enough- deplored the amoralism of HER generation .

             I can only speak for myself on this ethical generation gap, being

    just months younger than THAT MAN in the White House - Bill Clinton.

            I will assert that the Sixties kids were a quintessentially

    ethical generation. What ,after all, was the Great Rebellion all about -

    but a kinder, saner world ?

              I know from my own personal life that sexual immorality can

    have devastating consequences . I have seen close up the agony of

    divorce and ruined families. Yes, indeed The Wages of Sin !

          But I remember " growing up Catholic " that you did not focus

    on the sins of your neighbor.You focused on your own.

            It was immoral to throw rocks at the sinner ! And that is why

    - whatever its legal justification - I was appalled by the Clinton

    impeachment circus. Who were THEY ( Hyde, Gingrich & Co. ) to point

    their self -righteous Republican fingers at an embarrassed and humiliated

    President of the United  States ?

              I will always think of THEM as " The Conspirators " . If only

    that eloquent Cicero were around today ! He would deliver a great

    speech in the Senate : "The Asinine Conspiracy ".

            As for Froma Harrop, nobody can defend her any better than she

    defends herself !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron