Sunday, February 21, 1999

Empathy for John Martin ( Feb.21 )

I could empathize with your art writer John Martin after reading

    his painfully revealing column today( " Tinky's tale rings true if you've

    ever felt the heat. " )

           No I won't wallow in some TELL ALL mess. But briefly, I was never

    by any standards I accept GAY. When I was at a still asexual age - 11 ? -

    I was conned into a vulgarly familiar sex in the men's room of a Church

    that sponsored THE BOY SCOUTS. The " seducer " was a dirty old man of

    14 named Larry. What was in it for me ? A cheap baseball and bat !

          Anyway Larry could not wait to let the whole town know WHAT I WAS.

       My own brother interrogated me on this ABOMINATION : " Did you ? "

        " No ", I never touched the creep.

        It seemed that for a year or two  - it was not paranoia - I could

    hear whispered taunts on the baseball field.  When I began my true

    adolescence I felt no special attraction to the male sex. But the word

    was already out : I was not just a fag, but a legendary fag .

          Today- not by accident - my best friend IS gay . He is just my FRIEND!

          Just last year I tried to track down Larry on an internet phone

    number service. I am not at all bitter about this today. I was just

    curious to know what had become of him. Two years after our first

    sexual " adventure " he arranged to share the same tent with me at Scout's

    camp in Westerly. By then I was wise to him. Still he was a funny guy -

    always good for a laugh.

         The only Larry that fits his description now resides in Hollywood .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron