Friday, December 25, 1998

Merry Christmas Larry Flynt !

Merry Christmas to all the Providence Journal on both sides

    of the current Civil War. If all the blushing were bleeding , it would

    be horrendous indeed. The bottom line for citizens like me is simply

    that Bill Clinton should not be impeached. Good and decent citizens

    are entitled to their opinion that he is a lower form of life.

           Your editorial " Scorched Earth " rightly suggests that there

    has to be some end to this " sexual McCarthyism " ( scorched earth ? ).

    But the editor himself is caught  playing with matches here ! Is

    Bill Clinton responsible for Larry Flynt ?  Does the fact that Larry

    Flynt admires him damm him all the more in your eyes. The polls suggest

    that the vast majority of the country admires Bill Clinton - either

    personally or for his performance in office.

           I doubt if Bill Clinton can call off Larry Flint. James Carville,

    mentioned in your " Scorched Earth " editorial , is another matter. I

    recently heard one of Carville's audio books and I must say that I am

    tremendously with the spirit of the man, his OLD FASHIONED liberalism.

                 ( impressed )  . He is a man after my own heart.

        However I am no sappy idealist and I recognize the rogue in my very

    own. I will not be surprised if before leaving office in 2001 , a

    vindicated President William Jefferson Clinton presents the honorable

    Larry Flynt with the Presidential Medal of Freedom " for his patriotic

    services to the country.


            " With malice toward none  .... "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron