Thursday, May 26, 2022

REPLY : For me MY life is mostly just NOW with no illusions about age being only a number

Just now Same age as this guy. For me MY life is mostly just NOW with no illusions about age being only a number. Profile photo for Richard Binder Richard Binder Former computer eng'r; author of 366 Days of World War II1y How does one feel at 70 when they know that their life is behind them and their health will start to decline soon? [ " I’m 74. I had a good heart-to-heart chat with my mortality when I was 33 and got rear-ended by a car doing about 45 MPH (about 72 km/h). I was on my bicycle, going roughly ⅓ that speed. I flew headfirst backward over his hood and through his windshield, and when I woke up I was lying on the side of the road. I think they found all the pieces of the helmet that saved my life. (I was in no condition to help in the search.) But since then I haven’t worried too much about how long I have to live. Of course, I’m not as strong or as quick as I was 40 years ago, but I’m in good condition, I’m healthy, and I’ll go when it’s time to go. In the meantime, I’m thoroughly enjoying the best years of my life. Here’s a photo of me with my biggest toy. " ] 225.9K views10.3K upvotes33 shares166 comments 1 view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron