Saturday, May 14, 2022

Exploring the potential of GOOGLE ADVANCED BOOK SEARCH

[How Green was My Valley - Page 83books.google.com › books Richard Llewellyn · 1940 · ‎Snippet view FOUND INSIDE – PAGE 83 “ Thank you , sir , " my father said , and strange he was looking , but the Reverend Mr. Gruffydd only shook his head and waved his hand and smiled at me before he went back in the other room . The kitchen was quiet when he went . ] At the Cranston Public Library -curious about my newly discovered GOOGLE ADVANCED BOOK SEARCH - I took a randomly selected - author Richard Llewllyn only vaguely familiar - and then randomly turned to page 83 of " How Green was My Valley " and then selected a very indistinguished sentence fragment : " Reverend Mr. Gruffydd only shook his head " . And BINGO ! I can imagine this is a useful tool for PLAGIARISM detection .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments that are courteous, concise and relevant are always welcome, whether or not they agree with the views expressed here or not. Profanity is not necessary. Thank you for reading “Time Enough At Last!”

Ron